We have found a spot for summer dancing that we feel has a lot of positive characteristics. It is the basketball court at the Multnomah Arts Center on Capital Highway in Multnomah Village. We have committed to having the Black and White Ball here on Sat. July. We also are considering an Encore Ball on August 26.
About Multnomah Arts
The dance would be held under the roof of the basketball courts. Some positive aspects of this location are:
1. The size of the covered area is twice the size of our floor and is flat with plenty of area for chairs and tables off the dance floor.
2. It will provide protection from rain and provide shade on a sunny hot day, making it unlikely that we will need to worry about cancellation due to weather.
3. There is plenty of safe parking close to the dance site and as long as there is an event happening that evening, we will have access to rest rooms inside the MAC.
4. Multnomah Village has a number of great restaurants and taverns for a pre-dance meal or post-dance drinks and conversations. There are should be enough Sat. Evening activity in Multnomah to attract a small curious audience .
Some things that we as a group would need to bring besides our dancing selves to make the event successful are:
1. The floor crew to help lay the floor. The floor would need to be laid right be before we started using it. Not in the early afternoon.
2. We would need to bring or rent our own chairs and tables.
3. We would have water available and food would also be available if the group had interest in that.
4. There will be the need as always for volunteers to help.
Please let us know your thoughts as well as any comments or ideas that could improve our dances.
There is a short survey below.
This is a short questionnaire to get your thoughts on how we are doing post Covid and what you would like to see in upcoming dance events.
Made in RapidWeaver